Are you looking for a healthy, simple, fresh to-go meal? If so, then we think you’ll love this Chia Raspberry Yogurt Jar that we’re severely addicted to! Although we recently made this for a picnic in Austin near our home (you can see the city skyline in the background), we’ve packed this on many of our driving adventures and have found it to be the perfect meal for the road. You can either assemble all the ingredients before you leave…or you can get the raspberries ready the night before, place the ingredients in a cooler, and assemble when you are ready to eat. I love topping this with blueberries and blackberries, but feel free to use what ever fruit you like…sometimes I like to go crazy and add some strawberries every so often. Eat as breakfast, lunch, or even a snack…either way we do hope you enjoy!
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of orange juice
- 5.3 oz vanilla greek yogurt
- ½ cup of fresh blueberries
- 4 or 5 blackberries
- 1 teaspoon of hemp seeds
- Put frozen raspberries in a medium size bowl and leave out to defrost. (If using fresh raspberries, just skip to next step.)
- Once thawed or if raspberries are fresh, mash the raspberries with a large spoon.
- Sprinkle the chia seeds onto the raspberry mixture and mix together.
- Add two tablespoons of orange juice…just enough to get a jam consistency.
- Spoon the raspberry mixture into a medium size mason jar, cover it, and refrigerate for at least a half hour...preferably overnight.
- After the raspberry mixture sets, spoon yogurt on top of the raspberry mixture.
- Top with blueberries, blackberries, and then hemp seeds.
Have you ever served meals or snacks in mason jars? Leave a comment…we would love to hear what you think!
You might also like: